The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information-Vienna (IQOQI-Vienna) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a
POSTDOC POSITION (F/M/X)
(full-time, 40h per week)
IQOQI-Vienna is among the world's foremost research institutions in research on quantum foundations. The experimental research in Anton Zeilinger's group is centered around quantum entanglement, entanglement distribution via satellites, and long-distance quantum communication. The group has regular exchanges with innovative theoretical research groups, both situated at IQOQI-Vienna and world-wide. For more detailed information on research activities, see Anton Zeilinger's research group.
- Doctorate in Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, or closely related field
- Strong background in finite element simulation
- Strong proficiency in English
- Proficiency with C++ and Python programming
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and HPC (desirable)
- Completed studies (PhD) in Physics
- Experimental experience with long-distance quantum communication, entangled photons including higher dimensions like orbital angular momenta, precision optics and electronics.
- Extensive research experience
- Interesting field of activity in a dynamic environment
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, international, cutting-edge research team
- Flextime arrangement
- Numerous social benefits for employees
Interested candidates are invited to submit
- A detailed curriculum vitae including list of publications
- Short research statement
- A doctorate degree, or a document guaranteeing that a doctorate degree will soon be awarded
We are looking forward to your applications in the form of a cover letter and a CV, as well as any notable certificates. For full consideration please send your application documents to email@example.com (mentioning Job ID: IQOQIVIE004PD224) no later than February 15th, 2024. Later applications can still be considered, if the position is not yet filled.
We offer an annual gross salary of € 60.926,60, according on the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.