At the University of Vienna, more than 10,000 people work together towards answering the big questions of the future. Around 7,500 of them are scientists who, with their curiosity and continuous demand for excellence, conduct top-level international research and teaching. Are you also looking for the right space to develop your potential? We are seeking a/an
University assistant predoctoral
34 Faculty of Law
Job vacancy starting: 10/01/2023 | Working hours: 30,00 | Classification CBA: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited contract until: 09/30/2027
Job ID: 1246
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of influence:
We are a highly dedicated team working intensively in the area of teaching and researching national and international civil procedure. We offer flexible working hours, possibilities of further and continuing education, a pleasant working atmosphere and an adequate initial salary.
As a university assistant prae doc, you will complement the research team around Prof. Dr. Dres. h.c. Burkhard Hess.
Your future tasks:
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You are involved in research projects and scientific studies, publications and the organisation of conferences and symposiums.
- We expect you to finalize your dissertation agreement within 12-18 months.
- You work on your dissertation and its completion.
- You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed Master's degree or Diploma in the field of law
- University studies completed with good success, particularly in the field of civil procedure, proven by results of examinations (presentation of transcript of records and grades mandatory for application)
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience and interest in academic writing and with research methods
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 Level)
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Didactic competences / experience with e-learning
- IT user skills
- You should be a team player with high social skills.
What we offer:
The employment duration is 4 years. Initially limited to 1.5 years, the employment relationship is automatically extended to 4 years if the employer does not terminate it within the first 12 months by submitting a non-extension declaration.
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 3277,30 (on a full-time basis) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae
- With your letter of motivation
- With your summary of research interests / ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- With your list of publications
- With evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- With degree certificates
- With your Master Degree / Diploma
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 09/21/2023