At the University of Vienna, more than 10,000 personalities work together towards answering the big questions of the future. Around 2,900 are responsible for a variety of administrative tasks and thus support excellent research and teaching. Are you looking for a meaningful professional position and work that positively impacts society, too? Do you like to organize and coordinate things? We are looking for a/an
34 Faculty of Law
Job vacancy starting: 12/01/2023 | Working hours: 20,00 | Classification CBA: §54 VwGr. IIIa
Limited contract until: 11/30/2024
Job ID: 1408
If you love to organize and keep track of things, and if you prefer to do so in meaningful projects, then welcome to the team! Because we are searching for personalities who want to use their expertise to help answering the big questions of tomorrow.
Your personal sphere of influence:
As a team assistant, you support our central administration team and independently carry out all administrative tasks relating to personnel, budget and teaching.
The institute/department/work group XY conducts research and trains students in the field of XY. XY colleagues from XY countries contribute to a work environment that is characterized by open cooperation, a high level of internationality and groundbreaking research on XY, …
Your future tasks:
- You support the scientific staff in the organization and administration of their research and teaching tasks. This means, among other things: You organize meetings, workshops and travel activities. You take minutes and prepare data. You support in the preparation of publications and events. You manage project budgets.
- You are the central contact person and take care of the English and German correspondence with all interfaces (internal team, university, project partners, students, etc.).
- You administrate job advertisement in recruiting processes and support hiring of new staff members right through to the first steps of onboarding.
- You accommodate and assist guest researchers and cooperation partners.
This is part of your personality:
- Several years of professional experience in office management (preferably in a scientific/university context)
- Graduation from a general/vocational middle or higher school, or an apprenticeship including relevant practice in office management
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel and Power Point).
- Experience in dealing with content management systems (e.g. Typo 3) & social media
- Fluency in English and German (B2 level or higher)
- Experience with SAP is an advantage
Working style: You like to work independently and in a structured manner, you are service-oriented and you like to find solutions. You are a team player and have high social and communicative skills.
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are part of a committed team with diverse university backgrounds in a relaxed work environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 2.380,2 (full-time) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It’s that easy to apply:
- With your CV / letter of motivation
- Leaving certificate
- Further documents, if necessary.
- Via our job portal / apply button
If you have any content questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 12/05/2023