The Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution in Applied Mathematics, focuses on basic research in applied mathematics, and within the Institute mathematicians from all around the globe collaborate on common core areas in mathematical modeling, simulation, inverse problems and optimization. The institute is now offering a
POSTDOC POSITION (F/M/X)
in Modeling and simulation of biomedical problem
(full-time, 40h per week)
The position is offered initially for 1 year with the possibility of an extension up to 6 years.
The full-time position is affiliated with Mathematical Methods in Medicine and Life Sciences Group led by Prof. Dr. Luca Gerardo-Giorda at RICAM, located in Linz/Austria.
- Doctorate in Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, or closely related field
- · Strong background in finite element simulation
- · Strong proficiency in English
- · Proficiency with C++ and Python programming
- · Experience in interdisciplinary research and HPC (desirable)
- Excellent opportunities to work in a lively research environment and collaborate with international experts in the field
- · Active and long-standing collaboration with hospitals in Austria and Spain
- · An annual gross salary of € 60.926,60, according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
Please send your applications including a scientific CV, a short research statement, and references via email to email@example.com (mentioning Job ID: RICAM001PD224).
The position will be vacant starting from March 01st, 2024. Applications will be processed immediately upon reception and will be considered until the position is filled.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.